Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Thursday, August 10, 2006

the saddest song in the universe

Thank you for your concern. The letters of encouragement re: the breakup and the countless offers to take me out for the time of my life have buoyed my spirits. Where would I be without you? Drowning my sorrows with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a liter of Coke, no doubt. Now I have the benefit of doing so to the constant chatter of your IMing, emoticons and all. You are the best and I stand by that!

The idea to cut off of all my hair was a brilliant one. Not only do I feel like Sinead O'Conner sans the combat boots and pope vendetta, but I have the extra added bonus of making sure no man on the face of the planet would ever confuse me with an eligible straight single woman. How liberating!

And breaking up with him two weeks before my 400 mile move back to his home town! What counter-intuitive strategy! I'm so glad I listened to you. The non-refundable one-way airplane ticket purchased in his name will surely come in handy for the airlines who will, no doubt, lower their prices that much more the next time I need to purchase one. Finding someone to drive the Uhaul and move all my crap has been no easy task, but surely that's just part of the geniusness of this plan. I have faith it will all be revealed to me in time and I will look back with great satisfaction on the sly maneuverings of what now appears to be the biggest mistake of my life.

Sigh. Because really. I love being single. I love dating in my 30's. I love the challenge of that biological ticking clock. Men reaching 40 and beyond, that have been bachelors their entire lives, are exactly the kind of men I want to date. And there are so many more I have yet to meet! Such fun awaits. You were right. As usual. I can't wait to listen to whatever advice you have to give when the next time comes around.

Yours truly,
Casey—moving back to Mudville soon
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home