Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Last Year's Resolutions


So I have been busy quitting my job, painting my house, boxing up my things and selling a house. I have been having garage sales, looking for a new place to live, revising my career choice, making soups, watching the L Word, and oh, catching up with friends. Yeah, busy. Too busy to actually come up with any New New Year's Resolutions. So let's just stick with the old, kay?
Last Year's Resolutions
1. Learn to bake bread
Since I did not, in fact, learn to master the art of baking bread, the good news is that I can still keep this one as a resolution for '06. I would like to learn at least one extra-curricular activity that I can do really well. I think learning how to bake bread would be more beneficial to my figure than say, learning how to bake cakes , plus it's an activity that can be done standing as opposed to being hunched over a computer. And baking bread smells the best.

2. Memorize all the two and three letter words in Scrabble™

Again, did not happen. This one is part of my plan for Scrabble™ world domination. Since I have too poor of a memory for crosswords, and Soduko™ is, as of yet, not a social sport, and since my family can whoop my butt in charades, this is one game in which I actually have the chance to take someone down. So what, if it's my four-year old niece?

3. Internet date
OK, this one we actually got closer on. Interrupted periodically by non-internet dating; I think the coast is now clear, we can proceed full steam ahead. Just as soon as I take the perfect picture and write the perfect profile and come up with the perfect witty handle.

Which brings us to the more vague, chronic resolutions:

4. Figure out what I want to do with my life, get in shape, eat better food, take control of my finances, be happy.

Whew, I can check all those off my list! It's good to know I can now concentrate on more important things, like, learning calligraphy and mastering tether ball.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home