Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Thursday, April 28, 2005



Today I was just a little off. I think what with all the excitement of the last couple of days--operating the new and heavy equipment--I haven't been sleeping too well. Instead of congratulations and high-fives at the office for my superb maneuverings, it was Are you feeling OK? and You look so tired!. Don't tell me you got you get food poisoning again?

The best way I can explain it is this. I came home and all I had to do was reheat the soup for supper. At the last minute, I realized there was an awful lot of veggies in the fridge that needed to be used before they got too soggy. I chopped the Costco-sized baggies of zucchini and carrots and put them in a pot with a steamer. Well, what I assumed was a steamer. It was actually a plastic colander. And it was only a matter of minutes before the veggies, the pot and the steamer/colander were are melted together and, ruined.

Then, it was more of the same: putting the dirty glass in the fridge and the milk in the sink. The bathtub overflowed, the cat got shut in the pantry, the mail put in the laundry hamper, the salt poured into the hot coffee, and don't even ask me where my keys went. It was one right after the other. With the stench of melting plastic engulfing me, and the smoke detectors going off, I blinked at the black screen of the TV and realized, it was high time to call in the troops and admit defeat.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home