Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Friday, April 22, 2005

A quick tour of the neighborhood

For those of you still interested in the room, I would like to share some of the idiosyncrasies of our neighborhood.



This morning I found a lone red heel in front of my truck. It looked like it had been left in a hurry, but the shoe was still very much in proper working order albeit a little scuffed up.


In my neighborhood, there are many renters and not so many owners. Part of the reason, I think, is because people take their car (and rims) ownership very seriously. My neighbor has not one, but two, Rolls Royces. This one, he came home with only a couple of months ago. He rarely drives it, and for the most part, it is kept underwraps. He does wash it religiously on Sundays (when he can also be found pruning his rose bushes).



On the opposite side of the street we find the perennially full junk truck. The junk truck, in particular, likes to park in front of my house (not pictured). The junk truck drives around the streets of Mudville collecting crap from which it rarely seems to part.



A macro view of the street reveals that many of the houses have bars on all their windows and doors. While this may be useful for deterring burglars, it is rather frightful when one thinks Fire!



I would go on, but the folks get rather suspicious around these parts when a camera (or anything) is pointed in their general direction. Tomorrow, I will regale you all with the sniper/SWAT team story that took place in my backyard (photos not included).
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home