Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Heart My Job



Would it be ridiculous if I said I f$#@*g love my job? And mostly I mean, I love where I work. Because mostly I mean, I am actually unemployed and in reality working for myself. And the best part is I am a great boss to work for! Thanks to a small grant from the government, I can afford to do this for approximately one month. I just need to figure out how working for myself can translate into paying the bills on a longer term.

Top Ten Reasons Why I Heart Where I Work

1. Giant Pocky
As if regular-sized Pocky wasn't good enuf.

2. Bubble Tea
Everywhere I turn my head there are bubble tea shops with a million different flavors. I love soy mango. I love the huge straws. I love huffing up the giant tapioca balls.

3. Banh Mi Sandwiches
$2.75. I repeat two-fucking-seventy-five!

4. Dim Sum
Also ubiquitous. Also extremely affordable. Also fresh hot steaming dumplings and instant gratification.

5. It's bustling
OK, we've finally gotten off the subject of food. People are walking around here. And I, in turn, walk around, too. It's so bustling, in fact, people are actually shoving each other. Out of the way. And I love it.

6. Sanrio
And stationary stores. And Afro Ken. And puffy stickers. And Totoro. And gorgeously misspelled notebooks, envelopes, t-shirts that say things like the sun is gentle sea time. And then, it really makes you think about it.

7. Chinese New Year
Friends, it is about to turn year of the dog, and I, my friends, was born year of the dog. And who doesn't love all that gold foil paper and firecrackers?

8. The fortune cookie factory next door to me
It smells great all the time. I love walking by it. And a giant bag only costs a buck seventy five.

9. The office adjacent to ours teaches adults English
All day long I hear people shouting with great enthusiasm: the alphabet, my name is..., and fun 3 letter words.

10. Crazy fashions
Not only are there shops with some intriguing rhinestone, applique and florescent sweatshirts, there are people walking around in the streets rocking the same rhinestone, applique and florescent sweatshirts.

My Hero and also the woman I hate. Scroll down to CLICK HERE
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home