Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Thursday, April 07, 2005

3 adolescent moments



Letter from my step-sister circa 1984 or so:

Dear Casey,
First of all I'd like to thank you for sinking about as low as you possibly could. Casey, I can't believe you'd do this to me! I trusted you with so many of my feelings and you just shit on them. This shit isn't the first time you've done this though. Remember... (letter torn in half here)...You've betrayed me Casey & I may never get over this. But I'll NEVER forgive you & things will NEVER be the same between us! You've caused me so many tears! You're probably not even gonna take me seriously. I can’t believe you'd do this! I loved you, trusted you and confided in you. I don't think we'll ever be true sisters. Just think of us as STEP sisters. A real one wouldn't do this.


10th grade diary entry:

i'm in drama, i just finished my scene-
i didn't like it though-
my mom's gonna git me a new shrink-
i'm excited-
i can start over new-
me and Lisa worked together yesterday-
she's so beautiful-
we did donuts in Lot 1 after work-
we're gonna go to the "Doors" Whiskey together.

(I believe I was referring to a Doors tribute band.)

The author's first attempt at an e.e.cummings styled poem with spastic overtones also from 9th or 10th grade:

open book faces
kill me-
(they really do)
magnificent stenches
haunt me-
maybe i told him
or he told me
(we forget)


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home