Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Saturday, April 09, 2005

A Wasted Entry

I finally remembered another joke. It was told my friend who is a stand up comic. The only reason I've remembered it here is because I've heard his routine a few times. And I can understand all the words! It's probably one of those jokes that isn't very funny to read, or maybe it truly is just that I simply can't tell a joke. Anyway, it's a variation on a theme:

Whenever I take my a girl over to my friends' house, they take me aside. You can do better, man. I look at them. Yeah, but better ain't trying to do me. Better is out there doing best. And I'm gonna do just OK.

Ahem. That wasn't funny at all. I just took what was a 5 minute routine and ruined it completely. See, the punch line, well, it's all in the intonation. The punch line is really quite funny. Shit, maybe that wasn't even it! And there were a lot of pregnant pauses. The audience laughed. I don't know, read it again and throw in some pauses and tell me if it isn't funny. I guess you just had to have been there....


Just be lucky I didn't tell you my Dali and Picasso joke. Will you take a funny picture instead?



OK that's not that funny neither. But this is what my neighbor had to say to his son this morning:
I've got two words for you:
Put the mitt and ball down!
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home