Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Advice from a 14-yr old




Rosie says these were the options available for cheering me up:

#1 She could say, O sucked anyways.
#2 She could say, Women don't need men!
#3 She could say, Why don't you play for the other team? (her mom is gay and could probably set me up.)
#4 She could say, I love your hair--that not-washing-it-for-three-days look is really working for ya.

She decided there was no way she was gonna be able to give me a pep talk, and after all, it wasn't in the job description. But she did suggest that listening to that same Rufus Wainwright song over and over was probably not a good idea.

The nice thing about 14-yr olds is that they are always gonna be way more negative than you are. And that I find comforting.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home