Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Summer and Why I Hate It


from John Baldessari's Invitation

  • It's hot

  • I have no air conditioning

  • When it is hot and you have no air conditioning, bucket seats become uncomfortable

  • When it is hot and you have no air conditioning, your clothes get all wet

  • When it is hot and you have no air conditioning, the traffic gets worse

  • I hate wearing shorts

  • I have to water my plants more

  • My cat gets fleas

  • Because I have to get up early, I have a hard time tricking myself to go to bed when it seems like the sun just went down

  • I read even less because I am tempted to just sit on my stoop and do nothing

  • Fruit flies! Hate 'em

  • Kids on those deafening gasoline-powered razor scooters go up the street at about 4mph and then turn around and come right back

  • Bodies of water, such as lakes, oceans and ponds, stink more

  • I find it extremely hard to buckle down and work when that is exactly what I should be doing

  • People tend to all happy-go-lucky and this makes me irritable

  • It is freakin' hard to find a roommate in the summertime

    Let's just say I were to play devil's advocate here and found some reasons to actually like summer such as there are more BBQ's, there can be found a better selection in produce, free municipal events occur weekly, and well, mas sol equals more ebullience even in Casey; can any of these really outweigh the overwhelming chlorine-filled nostalgia for childhood in the summertime?

    Stay tuned for Casey's next post, a revisit from a previous one: Am I really so horrible to live with?
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home