Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Things I Started But Never Finished


1976--The Rosary. Never finished because of loss of consciousness while in supine position.

1978--Holding my breath under water to beat The Guinness Book of World Records record of 13 minutes and 42.5 seconds.

1979--That bologna sandwich. Sister Mary Margaret wouldn't allow me to leave the classroom until I finished it and because I didn't finish it, I didn't get to out and play.

1982--Practicing the piano. Supposed to practice for 3 hours a day but fell short by 2 hours 40 minutes.

1984--My book report on Edith Wharton's Ethan Frome. Could not finish the book report because I did not finish the book.

1986--Cleaning my room. Attempt at cleaning lasts approximately 4 and a half hours.

1988--Smoking clove cigarette. Put half-smoked cigarette in pocket and completely forgot about it until two weeks later after I did the laundry.

1989--The Female Voice in Psychoanalysis and Cinema as taught by Kaja Silverman.

1992--2 week probationary period for telemarketing job. Inability to comply with team building exercises: Ants on A Log

1994--6 Graduate School applications.

1995--50 Feet of String, the movie.

1998--Singing Beat It at local karoake bar. Lost my place in the song and never fully recovered.

2001--Painting the kitchen cabinets. Top half painted, bottom half bare. Paint cans and paint brushes still in one corner of the kitchen.

2003--Collecting all my gray hairs in a box as a sculptural art piece. Couldn't remember in which box I was supposed to be storing them followed by general loss of interest in art piece.

2005--Yoga chant. Never finished because of loss of consciousness while in supine position.
|

3 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home