Mighty Casey Has Struck Out

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Heir to an address

It seems everyone has a blog. All my potential roomies have been careful to drop their blog addresses early on in our getting-to-know-you conversations. And, no doubt, you are already aware of the multitude of celebrity blogs out there. A day doesn't go by that one of my co-workers can't be heard around the water cooler anguishing about their plummeting hits. There are blogs about blogs. And now, the entire cast of my family has come aboard. In fact, we just signed up my nephew, although he is well under 1. We figure, better to settle on the domain name now, and let him grow into it, then loose the great opportunity blogger is providing us. Who knows when another Jacob Elias Weisz may come around and snatch up his rightful address?

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who keep asking, "What exactly is a blog?" and those who already have a couple or, at the bare minimum, can enthusiastically waste endless amounts of "work" hours scrolling through them. I am particularly pleased that my whole family has finally converted. I only ask that they leave multiple comments and link to me often. You know what they say, "the family that blogs together..." Google that and you get 677 hits. Now yagoohoogle it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Obviously, I am preaching to the choir here. But really, I look forward to the increase in understanding (and misunderstanding) our cumulative blogs will afford us. Lord knows we've had trouble communicating in the past and I'm hoping to get to know each and everyone of them--including those twin second cousins in Milwaukee I've yet to meet--a little bit better.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home